SCA Circular No. 11/1995
Circular No. 4/1993 dated 7/6/1993 is to be cancelled, whereby, these vessels are dealt
with as follows:
a) Vehicle Carriers
- When carrying small floating units of less than 300 tons SCGT
a surcharge equal to 150% of the floating unitís normal SCGT tolls is levied and added
to the transit dues.
- When carrying floating units of 300 SCGT and above circular
No. 435236 concerning heavy lift vessels and vessels carrying floating units is applied.
- When carrying vehicle spare parts or unassembled vehicles, a
surcharge of SDR 4 shall be levied on each metric ton.
- In case of transporting general cargo:
a) If the tonnage of the shipment does not exceed 1000 metric tons, an additional charge
of SDR 5 shall be levied on each metric ton.
b) If the tonnage of the shipment exceeds 1000 metric tons, the tolls stipulated in the
above mentioned item (a) sahll be doubled.
b) Lash ships
- When transporting a floating unit of less than 300 SCGT.
a) In case of carrying a floating unit on weather deck, a surcharge equal to 250% of the
unitís normal SCGT tolls is levied and added to the transit dues.
b) In case of carrying a floating unit under deck, a surcharge equal to 150% of the
floating unitís normal SCGT tolls is levied.
- When transporting a floating unit (300 SCGT and above)
circular No. 435236 concerning heavy lifters and ships carrying floating units shall be
- When transporting general cargo outside barges.
a) If the tonnage of the shipment does not exceed 1000 metric tons:
i) A surcharge of SDR 10 is levied on each metric ton of acrgo carried on the weather
ii) A surcharge of SDR 5 is levied on ech metric ton of cargo carried under deck.
b) If the tonnage of the shipment exceeds 100 metric tons the dues stipulated in item 3Ai
and ii shall be doubled.
- Dues rates of vehicle carriers and lash ships are to remain in
effect an all the said cases.
- For easy application of the above mentioned regulations,
shipowners, operators and charterers are kindly requested to provide the SCA, Transit
Dept., with a detailed report on the floating unit a good time in advance of transit. (see
page 91 of the Rules of Navigation 1995 item "Cí No. 1 and 2 "special
Another report on the tonnage of general cargo - other than
vehicles - and its placing as per the cargo manifest is also required.
This circular takes effect as of January 1st, 1996.